Why your hotel website is a necessity
If you’re running a hotel, you probably think you’ve got enough on your plate without worrying about running your own website too. Especially when there’s booking.com and Expedia to give you a presence on the web. But unfortunately, although this type of thinking is common enough, it’s just wrongheaded. The simple fact is, if you’re a hotel, you absolutely need your own site. Read on to find out why…
Why you need your own website
If you’re an independent hotel that doesn’t benefit from being part of a large corporate website, don’t think that you can get away without a website. Here’s a fact: most travellers still visit a hotel’s own website to make their decision, even if they book through a booking service.
Of course, booking services do a great job – but they’re simply a list, usually sorted by price or location, and they won’t show your hotel to its best advantage. Only you can do that. You know what’s unique and you can create a site that will truly show guests what they’re going to experience when they come to stay at your hotel.
Here’s how you’ll benefit
Don’t leave your success up to chance. With your own website, you’re in control, and there are a number of ways in which you can benefit from a unique web presence:
- Your website will show your hotel the way you want it to be seen. You can make the most of your better features with professional images and smart copy. People take in most information visually, so make sure you really show them what they could be enjoying. This is the best way of differentiating yourself from the competition.
- It’s your chance to show off the character of your property. Having your own website gives you the freedom to create a coherent image that really speaks to potential guests. This isn’t just about the photos, but the design you choose, the colours, the fonts…they can all work in harmony to build a coherent identity. And you can give as much space as you want to your value-added features and amenities, such as spa pages and restaurant menus.
- You can expand your offering by showing off what there is to do in your local area. Location is key to having a great holiday or making business travel convenient, so if you can build up your appeal with information about what’s in the vicinity, you’ll be giving guests another reason to check in.
- Having your own website puts you in control of you SEO. You’ll be able to choose your own key words and meta data, and link to all your social media platforms to drive traffic to your site. You’ll also have the ability to update your site as often as you want to, a key element for staying high in the rankings.
- You’ll be able to encourage people to book directly via your own website – by offering upgrades and better deals – and for each of these bookings you’ll keep more of the profit for yourself.
If you’d like Inside Creative to design and/or host your hotel website, please get in touch with us via the contact page.