What should I print for a trade show?
Whatever sector your business is in, the chances are that you’ll attend a trade show once or twice a year. It’s your opportunity to put your brand right in the path of trade show delegates, so it’s important to make the most of it. Having a great stand is critical, but just as important is your printed collateral. You need people to remember your name and offering long after the show has packed up and finished.
Printed materials for promotion
To make a success of your trade show presence, you’ll need a range of printed materials to catch delegates’ eyes and to build on face-to-face encounters. In order to have the maximum impact before, during and after the event, you’ll need to plan your material several months in advance – items for distribution before the show, during the show and to be used for follow-up afterwards.
At the show, you’ll be competing with scores of other exhibitors, so pre-show promotion is critical to let delegates know you’re there and to enable them to put you in their itinerary. Let your target audience have all the details of where you’ll be located and what you’ll be showing, and then provide an incentive for them to come to your stand, such as a giveaway or competition.
During the show
Once you’ve attracted people onto your stand, make sure they can pick up all the information they’ll need about your products and services. Brochures and data sheets to take away will help them remember you once the show is over.
Once you’re back in your office, make sure you follow-up on all the contacts you made at the show, whether by email or by sending out a brochure or promotional pack.
Printed items you should consider
- Postcards – beforehand these are the ideal way to let large numbers of people know that you’re going to be at the show. During the show, you can hand them out on your stand to ensure visitors have your contact details and web address.
- Business cards – as well as issuing staff with their own personal business cards, it’s always sensible to have a supply of generic cards with the company information on. These can be used by anyone who runs out or by temporary staff.
- Lead cards – if you get visitors on the stand to fill out their details on printed lead cards, you’ll be able to get the information you need from them, rather than just the information they include on their business cards.
- Brochures/leaflets – this is where to give your target audience all the information they’ll need about your products and your business. Make sure they include a call to action and all the necessary contact information.
- Order forms – be ready to strike while the iron is hot! If you do a good sales pitch on your stand, you should be ready to convert it to an order straight away.
- Signage and stand graphics – catch your customer’s attention with arresting graphics that will draw them onto your stand.
- Follow-up pack – for delegates who expressed an interest or filled out a lead card, follow up with an information pack tailored to their needs.
Inside Creative can help you plan, design and print a full range of printed materials for your next trade show – get in touch with us via the contact page on our website.